Vobile is a SaaS industry leader around the world in intellectual property protection, monetization, and marketing. We are guided by data, a love of entertainment, and an entrepreneurial spirit, servicing the world’s largest platforms, film studios, TV networks, sports leagues, music labels, and other content owners. Currently Vobile is working remotely (and will continue to for the foreseeable future) with the opportunity to work in-office in Los Angeles when conditions permit.
Our Software Engineering team is hiring a Front End Developer to build and support applications that acquire, process, store, and illuminate multi-terabytes of YouTube, Facebook and other social media data.
You’ll be joining a dedicated, focused Product & Engineering team of four engineers, two product leads, and a TPM. We work closely together and wear many hats, so clear communication and proactivity is essential. You’ll also get to work across teams and departments, from our Channel Management and Rights Operations teams to Business Strategy & Intelligence. We’re excited about what we do — and enjoy getting to see the product changes we make ripple out to the rest of the company — and we hope you will be too.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Design for functionality, simplicity and usability
- Build with emerging technologies while still preserving standards
- Push best practices for consistency across varying applications
- Collaborate closely with the product and business teams
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality in an extensible, custom-built framework.
- Collaborate with designers, QA, and product managers in a dedicated scrum team to fully realize the product vision.
- Partner closely with other developers on your team with the support from many others across the organization.
- Keep up with new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
Technology @ Vobile:
- DevOps: Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, ECS, EMR
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluency with Python, Go, Java
- Familiarity with NPM
- Knowledge of operational deployment and configuration management (e.g. Terrraform, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Thorough testing and code review standards/practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
Bonus Points if…
- You’re interested in movies, television, music, and sports content
- You keep up to date with YouTube and Facebook video trends
- You have a strong security background
Vobile (SEHK: 3738) is a global leading SaaS provider of essential technology infrastructure for digital content asset protection and transaction. The company establishes a solid customer base with trusted long-term relationships, which include global premier content creators, rights holders and platforms. Vobile’s technology services that are integral to digital content protection and transactions and aim to maximize value for IP rights holders.
“Vobile has been invaluable at building our YouTube presence. They have helped us build a strategy and system that not only has brought us great success in the space, but also fits into our allocated resources. Our channel has grown exponentially since we started working together.”Andrea MaceySVP of Digital & Social Media Content & Marketing at WE tv
“Always a reliable and trusted partner. Incredible communication and extremely knowledge on everything related to YouTube. Would highly recommend to anyone that wants to increase their engagement, viewership, and subscribers on YouTube!”Eric DachmanGlobal Digital Marketing Strategy at Lionsgate